BETRAYAL Episode 51

Episode 51

 I sighed,left my room and rushed to the general balcony, intending to clear my head there.Benjamin followed me. Mike also left that moment, even though i didn’t see him leave. I was totally upset with Benjamin. “cyndii” he called out and grabbed me from behind. I instantly turned and faced him with anger. “it’s over” i muttered coldly, “what!” he gasped with disbelief. “i’m dead serious, our relationship is officially over” i repeated, “oh cyndii” he tried to protest, but i instantly freed myself from his grasp, rolled my eyes and moved to the other end of the balcony, “please don’t ever cyndii me again, the decision has been made” i murmured coldly, “no no no, i can’t take this, i can’t survive this, i’m sorry for going over the line, please forgive me” he apologised profusely,
holding me again. “i know we both are going to suffer over this, but it’s best for us, focus your heart on your upcoming degree exams” i said coldly. “is it a crime to defend and fight over what is rightfully mine?” he asked anxiously “yea it’s a crime to fight over destiny, whatever is written for us can never be changed, even if you fight a thousand times” i replied and ran back to my room. ______ I had no peace for the rest of that week, because my dear Benjamin wouldn’t let me be. He truly was extremely hurt by my decision, he kept begging and disturbing me as if my decision would kill him, but i never yielded to his pleas nor listened to Amara who pleaded on his behalf. I must confess his mistake really seemed to be the perfect opportunity that came at the right time, and i equally knew i simply was overreacting. However his mum surprised me with a phone-call on thursday inviting me over to their family house during the weekend which i found hard to decline, because the good old lady really had been very kind to me. But as i prepared my mind and myself on friday, rehearsing how to behave at her house, i got another strange phone call from Mike’s mother seeking to have a little ‘face to face’ chat with me, else she would come calling at my lodge. Yea i also accepted her invitation and got the directions to her house, because i preferred visiting her instead of her showing up at my lodge. But i equally couldn’t help wondering how she got my phone number. *2pm Saturday, Benjamin’s family house* “do you still love my son?” Benjamin’s mum asked seriously. I breathed deeply and nodded, “yes i still do mum” i murmured. But my reply had no effect on her nor stopped her curious eyes from running through me. ___ However Benjamin travelled home the previous day, expecting me to travel with him like we used to whenever i was visiting his famiy, but i declined his request.he feared i would embarrass him by not honouring his mum’s invitation. “are you really sure about that?” she asked. I breathed deeply, smiling nervously. I really was glad she sent her son away before questioning me, something only wise mothers with good experience would do. I equally felt she wasn’t listening nor paying serious attention to my replies, but was intently examining my facial expression with each reply i gave, as if she was a mind reader. “if you are still in love with him as you claim, why break up with him?” she queried. I shrugged, calmed my excitement before pouring out my own version of the story. “your story is similar to what he told me, you both made mistakes so i see no sense in your decision. My son is seriously hurting. But I have ordered him never to beg you again because relationships are not built with pity but with good understanding, so tell me, what’s your plan for the other boy?” she asked inquisitively. “mum whatever will be will be, i promise to work out things with your son but i need a little more time to sort myself out. I still love him” i replied, calmly avoiding saying anything about Mike. She shrugged and smiled weakly. I instantly knew she wasn’t convinced with my reply. She really read through me so easily. A strange gifted woman she was.i spent the rest of the afternoon with them before rushing back to my lodge amidst Benjamin’s pleas. I really was unable to sleep that fateful night as i pondered over the whole affair. By 12pm the next day, i was already on my way to Mike’s family house with weird feelings in my heart. “Whatever is written can never be changed” EPISODE 52 COMING UP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Denrele Cries Out- Goldie Keeps Appearing In My Dreams Saying You Know Who Killed me

Betrayal Episode 63